The One Thing Joe Hates Most About The “Fitness” Industry [Plus an Epic Q&A]
Released on July 5, 2018
1:00 – Show intro / overview
9:15 – Benefits of barefoot training
16:00 – Joe’s 4-phase athletic assessment
25:05 – Best way to build up your clientele as a new personal trainer
31:00 – Best way to prevent hamstring pulls while sprinting
39:55 – Advice for those who NEED to lift everyday [for their mental health]
47:00 – Better alternatives to kneeling “girl” push-ups
51:45 – What Joe loves & hates most about the current state of the fitness industry
1:10:20 – Training & nutrition advice for Law Enforcement Officers
1:17:35 – The one thing every successful person has in common
1:20:15 – The 4 mobility drills that should be done daily, forever
1:24:10 – Joe defends his 2:1 [horizontal pull vs. vertical pull] ratio recommendation
1:31:30 – Biggest difference between training natural vs. “enhanced”
1:36:25 – Joe’s 5 must-read book recommendations for everyone in the S&C field
1:53:00 – Should you train when you’re sick?
1:54:55 – Joe recalls the emotional day his football career ended and how he began setting new goals for himself
2:01:00 – If Joe could pick 4 people [alive or dead] to have a savage, DeFranco-style group workout with, who would they be?
Important Links from the Show
- Ask DeFranco's Gym - episode #27: BEST Push-up Regressions
- Upright Sled Drags & Eccentric Hamstring Curls [w/ furniture sliders]
- Strength: Barbell Training Essentials [DeFranco, Smith]
- Speed: Practical & Proven Methods for Team Sport Athletes [DeFranco, Smith]
- Special Strength For Team Sports [DeFranco, Smith]
- Becoming a Supple Leopard [Dr. Kelly Starrett]
- The Roll Model [Jill Miller]
- Ultimate MMA Conditioning [Joel Jamieson]
- Dinosaur Training [Brooks Kubik]
Thanks for listening!
Do you have feedback, questions or suggestions for the podcast?
Click here to send us feedback
Wanna become a SPONSOR? Click here to get started
Like the show? If you LIKED the show, we would truly appreciate it if you can take 60 seconds to give us “5 Stars” and write a short review (1-2 sentences is fine) on iTunes. We appreciate it!
-The Industrial Strength Show team