Jason Ferruggia Talks Training, Marketing, Business…and the Jersey Shore!
Released on November 12, 2015
In this weeks episode, Joe talks shop with fitness and life strategist – Jason Ferruggia. Here’s a sampling of just a few of the [many] topics that were discussed during the interview:
- The importance of becoming the best at one thing and “referring out” for everything else
- The biggest difference between how Jay trained athletes during his first 5 years in business and his last 5 years
- Why it’s important for older lifters to “get a pump” & pre-fatigue their muscles before hitting their “work sets”
- Jay maps out the training template he currently uses for his own training
- Tips & tricks for making gains after the age of 40
- How & Why Jay transitioned from being a successful warehouse gym owner to an even-more-successful online “fitness personality”
- What goes into building your own personal brand as a trainer or coach?
- How to attract clients you will love [and prevent energy-sucking bad clients from entering your gym]
- Why email is still the most effective form of marketing
- The biggest business mistake Jay made and how you can avoid it
- How charging “too little” will only lead to more complaints
- Why you should rarely [if ever] do things for free
- Why reading LESS books just may be the key to becoming a master of your craft
- The importance of knowing [and applying] The Pareto Principle
- Why you must get over the fear of “selling”
- Jay’s Top 3 “must-read” book recommendations related to Training (STRENGTH: Barbell Training Essentials, The Concise Book of Muscles, Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance)
- Jay’s “must-read” book recommendations related to Business/Life ( The ONE Thing, Essentialism, REWORK, Tribes, Never Eat Alone, Selling the Invisible, How to Win Friends & Influence People…and more)
- Find out what Jay would do if he could only perform 5 exercises for the rest of his life
- The one habit that contributes the most to Jay’s success
- Is it “Taylor Ham” or is it “Pork Roll”? [Jay & Joe introduce the rest of the world to New Jersey’s “mystery meat”]
- The 2 words Jay misses most now that he no longer lives in New Jersey (FU*K! I forgot the 2 words, bro. 🙂 )
And much, Much MORE!!
Important Links from the Show
- JasonFerruggia.comOfficial website of Jason Ferruggia
- Follow Jay on Twitter
- Follow Jay on Instagram
- "LIKE" Jay's Facebook page
- Renegade Roasting Co.Best-tasting coffee on the friggin' planet...and it's for a great cause! [Every bag of Renegade Coffee you order supplies someone in need with clean water for 2 years.]
Thanks for listening!
Do you have feedback, questions or suggestions for the podcast?
Click here to send us feedback
Wanna become a SPONSOR? Click here to get started
Like the show? If you LIKED the show, we would truly appreciate it if you can take 60 seconds to give us “5 Stars” and write a short review (1-2 sentences is fine) on iTunes. We appreciate it!
-The Industrial Strength Show team
Joe D – I don’t know how you do it but the show keeps getting better and better. I could listen to you and Jason speak all day. So many #knowledgebombs I’m going to have to go back and listen again because I know I missed a few things while I was taking notes. Kudos to both of you for your willingness to share so much for FREE. Cant wait til next thursday!! Jonathon
Speaking of diet what do you suggest? I have been following your programs for a while but I’m not sure where to start with diets that you would suggest.
YES! 2 of my absolute favorites!! This is going to be great. Cant wait to listen. Thanx for continuing to raise the bar each and every week joe d! #52weeks